Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Turn right onto Pacific Ave. in 2221.07 miles

According to Map Quest Simi Valley, California is 2221.o7 miles from the house that I am sitting in typing this. Driving there would take 33 hours and 2o minutes. Assuming my Honda Accord would make it, it would cost me $215.11 in gas to make it to Simi Valley. I say all of this to show you where my mind has been for the last two weeks. Somewhere between Simi Valley, California and Atlanta, Georgia...but not in one of them.

It takes 28 turns to make it to Simi Valley, California. The last turn is onto Pacific Ave. from 1st street. In my mind that is where I am. One week from leaving Atlanta and moving to Simi for the next four years, and trying to remain on 1st street and off of Pacific Ave for as long as possible.

"Run with perseverance, the race that was set out for you.
I woke up and needed to tell you this. I couldn't shake it
out of my head. You needed to know this."

Tonight my little sister stumbled into my room, possibly sleep walking. She said the above words to me in her barely audible, sleepy voice. She couldn't have been more right. I needed to know this. A race has been set out for me. I am running it, and figuratively I have made 27 of my turns. A lot has gone on, in and out of my hands, to put me in Simi Valley, California. It is time for me to make that last turn.

Fears of Simi Valley

-I don't have what it takes
-It isn't what I'm looking for
-I am not done in Atlanta
-I will be all alone

Logical or not these are my fears, not necessarily in this order. With or without these fears I will be leaving for Simi in nine days. Pacific Ave. get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment