Friday, August 20, 2010

Akward, bike riding, freshman Jesus

After spending one day in Simi Valley California, surrounded by the new and beautiful house, sunny weather, and great/challenging roommates one thing is clear. God is putting in the work to make sure that I stay here.

Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I love fighting sports(boxing, kick-boxing, Jiu Jitsu, MMA, etc.). Although the reality side of it can get a little ridiculous one of my favorite shows on TV is "The Ultimate Fighter". Not just because of the fights, but also because of the situation in and of itself. Twenty guys who all think that they are among the top Mixed Martial Artists in the world, living under one roof trying to show the world why they are better then the other nineteen. One of the fears I had for EBC was that it would be the same situation. A handful of young, hip, unshaven, evangelicals who all think they are the next christian super-star all living in one town. I don't want that. That isn't me.

I learned something last night while sitting in a room with my new roommates, and a few of the students who have been around EBC for a while. This mentality that I mentioned above did not exist among them. I also realized that if I was going to get everything I could out of this experience then not only would I need to look to my teachers for guidance, but also to the older students. The students who have been doing this longer.

As I was cleaning dishes alongside my new roommate and brother Mark last night he told me "This is what they were talking about in Philippians. Watching out for each other."


This is what they were talking about Philippians. Watching out for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment