Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sex sells


"Big terms are used by scholars to make subjects
that aren't complicated sound complicated"
-Douglas Main

I remember the first time I was challenged with the words "Take Heart". I was 18 years old and going through a life that I didn't think was going to change. Shortly afterwards I had them permanently placed on my body. Not because I believed in these words. I couldn't commit to saying I believed in them. But if they were true, and that was a big if, then hope existed for me. Take heart; I have overcome the world. It haunted me in the most beautiful way possible. Little did I know, how much pure hope really existed.

I am not going to lie, the work load in California is over-whelming. They really challenge us with education. One thing that is pushed though is that if you are doing it for a degree, for an A+, for any reason other then learning more about God, yourself, and love then you aren't going to survive. When you come to education, you have to come for the right reason. We are taught these things so that we can play a vital role in teaching a world how to love. It is how he is still over-coming the world. By using his body.

I cried three times today, and if you know me then you know that this is slightly unusual. Lately God has broken my heart for the hurting of this earth. Daily we watch a world take advantage of the poor, exploit women, sell humans for sex, and force children to be soldiers. Kids are born into homes run by junkies and it seems like nobody is doing anything about it. We have to remember though. The hurting will know that God is on their side. That is why we still have to fight for a child's right to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment